We value your trust when you shop online at BestInAuto.com. The following information details the steps we take to ensure that every purchase you make with us is guaranteed 100% safe.
When we request personal information from you (such as name, address, phone number and credit card number), it is done on our secure servers. We use Secure Socket Layering (SSL) technology to encrypt (“scramble”) your credit or debit card information, including the account number, while it is transmitted over the Internet between your computer and our website servers. SSL is an industry standard technology for secure online transactions.
We are so confident in our security that we guarantee you'll pay nothing if unauthorized charges (as determined by your card issuer) are made to your personal credit card while shopping at BestInAuto.com. Federal law limits your liability for unauthorized charges to your account. The Fair Credit Billing Act states that your credit card company (creditor) cannot hold you liable for more than $50 in the unlikely event a fraudulent charge occurs on your account. If you encounter a fraudulent credit card charge at BestInAuto.com, don't worry, we'll pay up to $50 of liability.
In the event of unauthorized use of your credit or debit card, you must promptly notify the card issuer pursuant to its reporting rules and procedures. BestInAuto.com only covers this liability if the unauthorized use of your card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at BestInAuto.com while using our secure servers.
Your Privacy is a Priority at BIA.com
Personal information we collect online
- Whenever you shop at BestInAuto.com we obtain from you the information we need to complete your transaction. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, birth dateand email address. If you use a credit or debit card or pay by check, it will include your account number.
- Your account - you have the option of creating a personal account by providing your email address and designating a unique access password. Creating an account allows you to save certain billing information so that you can track the status of your orders and set your ordering preferences. For your privacy and security, we do not store credit card or Gift Card numbers in your account.
- The "My Account Page" allows you to log in and "Edit or View Your Account." You may change saved account information at anytime.
- Occasionally we conduct surveys and contests on BestInAuto.com. If you choose to participate in an online contest, we may request information from you that will permit us to administer the contest and notify the winner(s). In addition, we may ask for other optional survey information, such as gender, age and previous shopping experience with BestInAuto.com.
Using the information we collect
- Completing your purchase transactions
- Create an online account for you at BestInAuto.com
- Bill your credit card for your purchases
- Confirm and track your orders
- Contacting you about the status of purchase
- Responding to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Notifying you of product recalls or providing other information concerning products you have purchased
- Helping to protect against fraudulent use of your personal information
- Sending you our promotional ads or other direct mail offerings
- Sending you email communications
- Improving merchandise selections, customer service, and the overall customer shopping experience
- Customize your shopping experience
- Improve our website design
Cookies and other computer information
When you visit BestInAuto.com, small text files known as "cookies" will be stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow us to enhance and customize your online shopping experience and improve the design of our site. These cookies store random ID numbers and site navigation information such as your first and last visits, number of visits, shopping cart contents, and the pages you viewed on our website. Cookies also may collect certain technical information from your computer. This technical information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer's operating system, browser type and the address of a referring website, if any. The information stored in a cookie cannot be used to identify you personally unless combined with information that you have provided in connection with a purchase, setting up an account, or registering for promotional emails, contests, or surveys. Although IP addresses alone can reveal the location of your computer, we will use such information only to investigate and identify unauthorized activities.
BestInAuto.com uses session cookies to observe your navigation throughout the website for the purposes described above. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and you may also erase cookies from your browser after shopping. If you delete our cookies, you limit our ability to personalize BestInAuto.com for your next shopping visit; however, deleting a cookie will not prevent you from shopping and purchasing at our site in the future. You may also set your Web browser not to accept cookies.
Is information shared with third parties?
We do not rent, sell or exchange your name or other personally-identifiable information to third-party companies for their marketing purposes. We do provide your personal information to reputable organizations that help us to fulfill your order. For example, we use companies to verify and process credit card transactions, to deliver packages, to schedule and perform product installations and to administer service programs. We may share your information with others who help us analyze sales data, maintain our records, and provide other services for BestInAuto.com such as collect site navigation information. We also may share your information with companies that act on our behalf and at our direction to notify you of additional BestInAuto.com products and services. These companies may also conduct customer satisfaction surveys and manage other customer services and benefits for us. In any case, these third parties are not authorized to use your information for any reason other than to perform their contractually assigned functions.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties if necessary to comply with applicable laws, subpoenas or court orders.
Accessing and updating my information
You can access and correct information you have shared with us online if you have established an account with BestInAuto.com. Simply go to the My Account page, log in with your email address and password, then click "Edit or View Your Account" and edit or delete whatever information you wish. Do not share your BestInAuto.com password with anyone. If you have not established an account with BestInAuto.com then click the "Create New Account" button.
How can I decide what promotional communications I will receive?
Children's online policy
BestInAuto.com is committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website visitors, including children. BestInAuto.com is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from or sell products to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using BestInAuto.com.
We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. Our information systems are maintained behind a software firewall to isolate them from access by other networks connected to the Internet. We also advise all BestInAuto.com employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our company's business ethics standards and confidentiality policies.
All information transmitted through BestInAuto.com is stored on our secure server. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which is the electronic commerce standard for securing information as it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is designed to encrypt your information, preventing an unauthorized party from viewing and downloading your information. Your web browser should display a web address with an "https" prefix, indicating that the SSL technology is operating when using certain portions of our website, such as the Checkout and My Account features.
Linking to and from outside websites
Whom do I contact with questions?
or write us at:
Attention: Consumer Affairs
1739 Cassopolis St.
Elkhart, IN 46514 USA
Please remember to include your postal address, e-mail address and phone number with your correspondence.
Additionally, if you want to opt-out of promotional e-mail communications from us, you may call, write or send your request to unsubscribe at any time to service@ BestInAuto.com from the e-mail address you wish to unsubscribe.